Thursday, September 06, 2007

words are falling like an endless rain into a paper cup

So does John Lennon sing... And because I'm still collecting whatever staple wires I can...

Riding along with Girard's meme. Anybody can just tag along, para mas masaya hahaha. So here are random weird things or little-known facts about me (now they're not obviously).

  1. I'm obsessed with my hair. I think that I really look good with my hair now. Sometimes, I find myself caressing strands of its smoothness between my thumb and forefinger like the cliched depiction of a deranged person. However, I'm not "level-headed" or in vernacular, pihing (hahaha, what a reliable translation). So no matter how I wanted to be bald at one point, I can't. Or else I'll look like a deformed monay.
  2. When I sit, I often curl my right leg in a way that is hinged by my left leg. It looks like I'm semi- Indian sitting. I have to constantly remind myself, whenever in a meeting, to sit with my two feet parallel because people will ogle at the dirty sole of my shoe.
  3. I cannot, for the love of God, go near a cockroach. Call me sissy, but I can't even bear to kill one. The shanty that is our house has lots of them and I am constantly on alert of their "sudden flights of fancy" or whenever they are roaming around the floor.
  4. My first kiss was when I was five. I forgot her name but I can very well recall that we used to hide behind the curtains, and no, it was no smack. I scored 15 years after and that was it. I never had a girlfriend or at least be in a relationship.
  5. After college, I observed that I had an increasing intolerance for crowded places especially the malls and especially when there's midnight sales. I think I have vertigo. There was this one time that my ears rang and everything was just going in circles. I had to literally sit down on the floor to regain my balance and sense of things.
  6. I learned the hard ways of working as a food crew or at least something related to food when I was about 10 or 11. I assisted my aunt who used to rent a balbacua-han in Agdao Public Market. I get free food and fifty pesos at the end of the day. After finishing first year college, when my chances of going back to school has gone from slim to none, I worked for the entire summer in a bar and billiards restaurant that required me to stay awake until 3am. Back then I didn't need diet to look like Nicole Richie-thin.
  7. I almost got mugged and killed by a bunch of thugs because of that work. One guy who was at my back whacked my head, the other one was holding an ice pick. Good thing that the guard of the nearby convenience store, who was also my constant chit-chat friend during those wee hours everytime I pass by the store, was quick to rescue me. A group of trigger-happy hippies came in a short while and a race ensued. They bludgeoned my assailants with big rough stones. When the police dropped me home, I saw pools of blood along the street. I learned in the news the day after that one of the thugs was killed.
  8. While working as a waiter in that bar (I faked, or rather my parents, faked my age), I had an avid fan who says that he is a prince from Malaysia. He once caught me rapping to Eminem and asked if I can rap in toto some of Eminem's songs. I did and got 100 bucks per song.
  9. I find riding a jeep with few, or barely no passengers at all, one of the most enjoyable thing to do. There are times that I forget where I'm actually headed. However, I abhor the contagious disease of people inside a jeep when they start paying the fare when someone does or some people who pass their fare when you're about to go down. I also like buses. On the other hand, I am terrified at riding planes. I find it tedious. I cringe even at the slightest jerk. I dream of riding a train in Europe passing by the mountain range and all of the connecting countries.
  10. When I was five and when we still lived in this barangay called Barrio Pogi, I was chased by a rabid dog. It stopped when I stumbled on a sharp stone that hit my head etching in eternity an inconspicuous pahak at the left side of my head. I thought then they would open up my brain or something. That's why up to now, upon chancing on a strange dog with the likelihood of rabies, I bite the tip of my tongue and stop at my tracks to drive the beast away. Luckily, this supertitious belief still works for me.

INSTRUCTIONS: A person who gets tagged must write in his or her blog ten weird things or habits or little known facts about himself or herself. He or she should also state this rule clearly. At the end, he or she should tag six other people, except the one who tagged him or her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah... three things we have in common: pihing tang duha, naa ta pahak sa ulo,hadlok ta ug uk-ok. Bahala di mo dagan si andres bonifacio pero kung mulopad na ang uk-ok, sutoy jud ko! :P

Anonymous said...

Omygod, everything of #9 is sooo me. Yeah, even the train ride. But, hmmm, if it's by car though, then all the better, hehe.

Pero talaga, ang sarap sumakay sa jeep na wala o konting tao no? Sobrang naisip ko talaga yan.

jayclops said...

Isko, peste jud ng mga uk-ok. Ayyy, redundancy -peste - uk-ok. Anyway, dili ba x-factor ang pihing. Hahaha

Gel, try mo sumakay ng jip na walang tao at sumigaw. "Oi Bankerohan mo dira!"

aajao said...

Jay says: " I scored 15 years after and that was it." (emphasis mine)

jon says: what do you exactly mean by "SCORE"?

jayclops said...

In context Kuya Jon, syempre kiss kaya yun. Tsaka if you referring to the score as what you might have in mind, alangan naman I did it when I was five. :p

aajao said...

it just got me confused kase you said "i scored 15 years AFTER..." so i thought that after your first kiss when you were five, 15 years after you "scored" (whatever SCORE you would have wanted to achieve). hehehe :P

Anonymous said...

i love killing cockroaches... haha.

i love them killed not in an instant but dying and crawling in pain with the scent and chemicals of baygon or raid. nyahaha.

Jap said...

#1 you have lovely hair, and #10 you were raised at Barrio Pogi! Don't tell me you're still a virgin?! hehehe

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family, Choose a f—king big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose a three piece suit on hire purchased in a range of f—king fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f—k you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f—king junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f—ked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose a future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?

Renton, Trainspotting